The 40 Under 40 Award
Berkeley Optometry & Vision Science alums and faculty are among some of the most impactful leaders in their communities and the profession. They are trailblazers and serve with passion and innovation, striving to make the world a better place. Many have achieved exceptional accomplishments and created an indelible legacy before age 40.
During our centennial year, we will celebrate the personal and professional achievements and contributions of our accomplished alums and faculty under the age of 40. The inaugural recipients of 40 Under 40 will be recognized at our Alumni & Friends Reception at the American Academy of Optometry meeting in New Orleans. Please review the nomination submission criteria below.
- Must be a Berkeley Optometry & Vision Science alumnus/a, or faculty member.
- Must be under the age of 40 on September 30th, 2023.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- The nominee will have impacted their profession through clinical practice, research, leadership, service, and/or education.
Examples May Include:
- Academic, professional, or industry awards or other significant professional achievement.
- Notable career growth (e.g., senior position, position of significant influence, fast riser).
- Elected office, board service, local society, chapter or association leadership.
- Innovation, research, or published works.
- Successes in entrepreneurship, clinical practice, nonprofit, research, academia, or technology.
- National or international media coverage.
- Exceptional civic involvement, leadership, or recognition.
How to Submit Your Nomination
Let’s come together to shine a spotlight on the outstanding individuals who embody the spirit of excellence and innovation that defines Berkeley Optometry & Vision Science. Please submit your nomination at the link below. The deadline for nominations is September 15th, 2023.Nomination Form