Berkeley Optometry offers live, interactive online CE courses for individual purchase starting at $30 per CE hour. These high-quality interactive lectures meet the live-in person CE requirements of the California State Board of Optometry. Attendees will be able to interact with the speaker and ask questions in real-time via Zoom video conference.
Myopia Management Academy
Dr. Maria Liu and Dr. Sarah Singh will offer their signature CE series on myopia management. These popular grand rounds style talks integrate recent research findings into patient care.Maria Liu, OD, PhD, Associate Professor of Clinical Optometry and Vision Science
Sarah Singh, OD, Phd, Assistant Clinical Professor Save the Date: September 8 – 9, 2021 Coming Soon!
CE & Alumni Weekend
We have an exciting set of lectures planned for October, including our signature Alumni Reunion CE. This series is open to all and will feature the Sheldon M. Golden Conference, focusing on children’s vision.Save the Date: October 2021 Coming Soon!
Participants will need to download the free Zoom application in order to view our Online CE. Please note that you do not need a Zoom account, but you do have to download the Zoom app to join as a participant. Download the Zoom application by clicking below:Download Zoom
Cost per course
Most webinars are $30 per CE hour.
Space is Limited
Registration will be limited to 300 ODs.
Unless otherwise noted on the event webpage, registration closes 3 hours before the course or when capacity is filled, whichever comes first.
CE Credit Guidelines
Attendees receive CE credit when they:
1. Login with an identifiable name and/or email (the same as was used for registration)
2. Are admitted by the moderators - please login 5-10 minutes prior to the lecture
3. Stay logged in for at 50 instructional minutes per 1 CE hour lecture; 100 instructional minutes for 2 CE hour lecture; 150 instructional minutes for 3 CE hour lecture; or 200 instructional minutes for 4 CE hour lecture (not including breaks).
*Note: If you were disconnected and must log back in, your re-login time will be included in the total login duration.
**Our high-quality interactive lectures meet the live-in person CE requirements of the California State Board of Optometry. All attendees that do not require COPE accreditation for courses should verify with their state board if the webinar will count towards live CE credit. Partial attendance of a COPE course does not count towards COPE CE.
CE Letters will be emailed within two weeks after the lecture. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts/safe senders list in order to make sure that the email with your certificate does not go to your spam folder.
1. Your password is automatically incorporated into your unique link. Although you may not be asked for a password, your name, email, and log-in time will be noted by Zoom once you have entered and will automatically confirm your CE attendance. Please do not confirm your attendance in the Chat Field.
2. All participants will be muted upon entry and will remain muted during the lecture. You may ask a question directly in the Chat Field during the lecture. The faculty moderator will either answer the question or forward it to the speaker.
3. To enlarge the speaker image, try to ‘grab and drag’ the corner of the image with your cursor.
4. There may be times when the presented image is pixelated. That is due to Zoom’s limited 360p definition and the busy servers during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our goal is to improve the quality for future events.
5. Please note that all lectures will start promptly on time and will be either 50 or 100 total instructional minutes, depending on the lecture.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All cancellation must be made in writing by email to email@example.com. We do not accept phone cancellations. To receive a full refund minus a $10 cancellation fee or credit for a future Online CE course equal in value, your cancellation request must be received at least 48 hours ahead of the webinar. Cancellation received less than 48 hours ahead of the webinar will not be refunded or credited. No refund or credits will be provided to “no-shows” on the day of the webinar unless due to a medical emergency, please see below.
Cancellation due to medical emergencies must include a note from your primary or diagnosing physician. To receive a full refund minus the $10 cancellation fee or credit, we must receive your cancellation no later than 24 hours of completion of the webinar for a missed course.
If you make any changes in the dates of your attendance, you will be charged the fees that are in effect on the date you make the changes. Changes in your registration must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and are contingent on availability.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any email@example.com
We would like to offer a special thank you to the Dora and Stanley Walker Teaching Support Fund for its support of Berkeley Optometry’s Digital Learning Initiatives and Online CE.