The 32nd Annual Berkeley Practicum is a three-day virtual continuing education event that offers a total of 12 COPE approved CE hours. Topics include Systemic Disease, Glaucoma, Contact Lenses, as well as updates on COVID-19!
Speakers and Topics
Please see below for our schedule of speakers and topics*. COPE Activity#120578
January 16, 2021, 8:20 AM - 12 PM PST
Glaucoma Studies and Their Impact on Clinical Management COPE#70135-GL
Dr. Edward Chu, OD, Long Beach VA
Karen Walker-Brandreth Keynote Lecture:
Unraveling Infection Management Mysteries: Tales from the Bench COPE# 70376-SD
Dr. Suzanne Fleiszig, OD, PhD, Berkeley Optometry Faculty
January 17, 2021, 8:20 AM - 12 PM PST
Beyond the Limbus: Contact Lens Options for Complex Patients COPE#69995-CL
The Diameter Debate – Small vs. Large Diameter Scleral Lenses COPE#69996-CL
Dr. Stephanie Woo, OD, Contact Lens Institute of Nevada
COVID-19: The Current Status of its Prevention and Control, Including COVID-19 Vaccines COPE#70172-CL
Dr. Art Reingold, MD, UC Berkeley Faculty
January 18, 2021, 8:20 AM - 12 PM PST
HIV/AIDS: 2021 Update COPE#70591-SD
Dr. Jeffrey, Burack, MD, Sutter Health
Periocular Neoplasms: Clinical Characteristics and Management COPE#70249-SD
Dr. Seanna Grob, MD, UCSF Faculty
Online registration for this program is CLOSED
Full Program: $290
A La Carte Per Day: $100
Regular Registration Fees after December 16:
Full Program: $350
A La Carte Per Day: $120
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All cancellation must be made in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept phone cancellations. To receive a full refund minus a $10 cancellation fee or credit for a future Online CE course equal in value, your cancellation request must be received at least 48 hours ahead of the webinar. Cancellation received less than 48 hours ahead of the webinar will not be refunded or credited. No refund or credits will be provided to no-shows on the day of the webinar unless due to a medical emergency, please see below.
Cancellation due to medical emergencies must include a note from your primary or diagnosing physician. To receive a full refund minus the $10 cancellation fee or credit, we must receive your cancellation no later than 24 hours of completion of the webinar for a missed course.
Space is Limited
Registration will be limited to 300 ODs/ course day.
Registration closes 3 hours before the course, or when capacity is filled, whichever comes first.
All cancellations must be made in writing, either by mail, email, or fax. We do not accept phone cancellations. If the original payment was made by credit card, your cancellation refund will be credited to your credit card account.
Registered attendees will receive an email on Friday, January 10th with additional event information and a link to the syllabus download. If you did not receive this email, please notify us at email@example.com.
Rooms at the DoubleTree Marina Hotel are available for our conference attendees. Call (510) 548-7920 for more information.[margin space="50"]
Participants will need to download the free Zoom application in order to view our Online CE. Please note that you do not need a Zoom account, but you do have to download the Zoom app to join as a participant. Download the Zoom application by clicking below:Download Zoom
12 CE hours will be available for the full three-day virtual program (COPE Activity#120578). Please note: Partial attendance of a COPE course does not count towards COPE CE. All attendees that do not require COPE accreditation should verify with their state board if these webinars will count towards live CE credit.
Daily CE Breakdown
Saturday, January 16: 4 CE Hours (4 TPA including 2 GLAUC-CE)
Sunday, January 17: 4 CE Hours (2 TPA, 2 Misc)
Monday, January 18: 4 CE Hours (4 TPA)
CE Credit Guidelines
Attendees receive CE credit when they:
1. Login with an identifiable name and/or email (the same as was used for registration)
2. Are admitted by the moderators - please login 5-10 minutes prior to the lecture
3. Stay logged in for at 50 instructional minutes per 1 CE hour lecture or 100 instructional minutes for 2 CE hour lecture, not including breaks
*Note: If you were disconnected and must log back in, your re-login time will be included in the total login duration.
**Please also note that all attendees that do not require COPE accreditation for courses should verify with their state board if this webinar will count towards live CE credit. This course is approved for live in-person credit in the state of California. Partial attendance of a COPE course does not count towards COPE CE.
CE Letters will be emailed within two weeks after the lecture.
1. Your password is automatically incorporated into your unique link. Although you may not be asked for a password, your name, email, and log-in time will be noted by Zoom once you have entered and will automatically confirm your CE attendance. Please do not confirm your attendance in the Chat Field.
2. All participants will be muted upon entry and will remain muted during the lecture. You may ask a question directly in the Chat Field during the lecture. The faculty moderator will either answer the question or forward it to the speaker.
3. To enlarge the speaker image, try to ‘grab and drag’ the corner of the image with your cursor.
4. There may be times when the presented image is pixelated. That is due to Zoom’s limited 360p definition and the busy servers during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our goal is to improve the quality for future events.
5. Please note that all lectures will start promptly on time and will be either 50 or 100 total instructional minutes, depending on the lecture.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions!optoCE@berkeley.edu 800-827-2163
Join Our Email List!
Interested in receiving email from us about upcoming CE events? Use the button below to sign up. We’ll only send you information on the topics you select, and we promise to NEVER share your email with anyone.Join Our List