West Oakland Health Center – WOHC
Absence Policy for West Oakland Health Center
- Please note that the absence policy for West Oakland Health Center requires that students submit absence requests via Meditrek at least SIX WEEKS (42 days) in advance of the desired absent date. Absence requests submitted within six weeks of the desired absence date will be denied./li>
- Current PPD (within one year of the start of the rotation); if positive, a chest x-ray
- Flu shot Record
- Covid-19 Vaccine and Booster
- Submit a copy of your Covid-19 vaccine and booster card.
- If student is not receiving the COVID-19 vaccine and booster, they must file for an exemption (medical or religious) using the COVID-19 Vaccination Religious Accommodation and Medical Disability Exemption Request Forms.
- If student is not vaccinated or filed an exemption, they CANNOT come to West Oakland Health Center. If they are NOT fully vaccinated:
- Must wear N95 or equivalent mask at all times when at work (with appropriate breaks) and cannot eat with other people
- Must have bi- weekly testing for COVID-19
• Test must include PCR, but a negative rapid antigen test will be sufficient to return to work
• Test must be from a valid laboratory
- Covid-19 Vaccine and Booster
- Mask-Fit Test (for type N95) (If you have a certificate from Concentra Occupational Health Centers for an N95 mask fitting, that documentation will meet this requirement.)
- N95 Mask Fitting can be done at West Oakland Health Center in advance of your rotation. This requirement must be completed before your rotation starts. Please contact Kenneth Jones at KennethJ@wohc.org to schedule an appointment.
- N95 Mask Fitting can also be done with campus EH&S. It’s a 3 step process:
- Go to eTang portal. Create new message to Occupational Health. Click on option to complete Respiratory Questionnaire. See instructions here. You need to put down a telephone number that you are available at during business hours– they typically will call you between 8am-4:30pm
- Occupational Health will contact you via telephone and interview you.
- Then you will schedule with EH&S for a mask-fit test.
- If you have questions, their phone number is (510) 642-6891. They are open weekdays from 8 -11:45 a.m. and 1-4:45 p.m. They are not open on weekends.
- If you want to get fitted with EH7S, please submit get the application ASAP because it can take several weeks to get an appointment.
Immunizations Records Submit to and Date:
- Please email a copy of your Covid-19 vaccine/booster card or Covid-19 vaccination exemption and Mask-Fit certification to Kenneth Jones at KennethJ@wohc.org and Carol McKinney at CarolM@wohc.org at least six weeks before the start of your rotation.
- CPR Card
- California State ID (also bring original with you to orientation on the first day of clinic)
- Volunteer Enrollment Application
Documentation Submit To and Date:
- Please submit your documents to Kenneth Jones at KennethJ@wohc.org and Carol McKinney at CarolM@wohc.org at least six weeks before the start of your rotation.
- Please note that the absence policy for West Oakland Health Center requires that students submit absence requests via Meditrek at least SIX WEEKS (42 DAYS) in advance of the desired absent date. Absence requests submitted within six weeks of the desired absence date will be denied.
- Aside from the six weeks notice, students are subject to the Berkeley Optometry Absence policy.
- In order to ensure that students are attending their externship for 90% of the operating dates, students will be reassigned to Minor Clinic when an instructor is absent and no substitute can be found.