UC Santa Cruz (UCSC) – SANTA CRUZ
- Current PPD
- Hep B
- Updated Tetanus and Diphtheria
- Covid vaccine and booster
Immunizations Records Submit to and Date:
- Bring a copy of your immunization record with you on the first day of your rotation.
1. Cleared Criminal Background Check on the following information: Sex Offender Registry, OIG/GSA, SSN Address Locator and County Criminal databases.
You will need to complete the Fingerprinting/Live Scan requirement, which is an FBI and US Dept. of Justice background check. Please complete ALL three forms:
- You can take the forms to one of three local entities: UCPD, Cal Live Scan, or Alameda County Sheriff’s Office. You may also search for other more convenient locations on the internet, but make sure they can do an FBI/DOJ.
- UCPD:call 510-642-6760 to schedule an appointment. As of 4/2/15 of background checks cost about $90.
- Cal Live Scan Service:If you decide not to go to UCPD for the fingerprinting service (although it is highly recommended), you can go to Cal Live Scan located at 2855 Telegraph Ave, (between Oregon St & Russell St), Berkeley, CA 94705, (510) 316-7828, http://www.callivescan.com. You will need to fill in the ORI Number in the top left corner of the Live Scan form. The ORI number is CA0019700 and it is actually the ORI number for UCPD. The results of your Live Scan will be sent to UCPD who in turn will forward them to Clinic Admin. You must notify UCPD that that they will be the recipients of the results otherwise they will not know what to do with the information. Notify them by completing the three forms as you would for UCPD above and fax it to the attention of UCPD, FAX 510-643-4655. Please then call UCPD at 510-642-6760 to confirm they have received your forms. The Live Scan results will be sent to UCPD who will forward the information to Clinic Administration who in turn will provide a clearance letter on your behalf to the ACMC/Highland Student Placement office. As of 4/2/15, the cost for FBI/DOJ Livescan at Cal Live Scan is $74.
2. On your first day, you will need to complete additional documents and obtain your ID badge.
Documentation Submit to and Date
- Cleared background check on file with Clinic Administration.
- Students are subject to the Berkeley Optometry Absence policy.
- In order to ensure that students are attending their UC Santa Cruz externship for 90% of the operating dates, students may be reassigned to Minor Clinic when an instructor is absent and no substitute can be found.