Marin Community Clinics (Novato & San Rafael, CA) – MARIN NOVATO and MARIN SAN RAFAEL
Absence Policy for Marin Community Clinics
- Please note that the absence policy for Marin Community Clinics which requires that students submit absence requests via Meditrek at least SIX WEEKS (42 days) in advance of the desired absent date. Absence requests submitted within six weeks of the desired absence date will be denied. This is due to Marin Community Clinics internal patient scheduling policy.
At six weeks prior to your start date, you will need to create an MCC account and complete steps #1 – #5. Any missing documentation and immunizations will delay the start of your internship.
- CREATE A MARIN COMMUNITY CLINIC ACCOUNT
Please submit an application for internship (using the link below). You will receive an email from me which will include a personal link that gives you access to your Marin Community Clinic Portal. You will be able to complete the required documentation (on Section 2) and upload the required immunizations (Section 3). Please send me Denise Minaberry an email (email@example.com AND HumanResources@marinclinic.org when you have submitted your application.
- FORMS REQUIRED TO BE COMPLETED (documents will only have to be completed once)
- Remote Access Acknowledgement
- Sexual Harassment – DFEH
- HIPPA Acknowledgement
- MCC Code of Conduct
- Two Emergency contacts
- CPR/BLS Certificate
- IMMUNIZATIONS REQUIRED (any expired immunizations at the start of the internship or during clinical rotations will need to be updated immediately)
- Covid-19 Vaccine and Booster Card – if a medical or religious exemption is needed, please contact Denise Minaberry by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tetanus, Diphtheria and Acellular Pertussis (TDap not DTaP) – is for adults of 19-64 years of age. The last immunization must be no older than 10 years.
- Measles or Rubeola, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) – proof of immunity through blood titer or immunization.
- Varicella (VZV) or Chickenpox – proof of immunity through blood titer or immunization.
- Tuberculosis (TB) – PPD skin test or Quantiferon test. Results must be no older than 1 year, or you must provide chest X-Ray results no older than 5 years.
- Hepatitis B (Hep-B) – proof of immunity through blood titer or proof of 3-4 shots over a 6 months period.
- Influenza vaccine for current season.
- Mask-Fit Test (for type N95) (If you have a certificate from Concentra Occupational Health Centers for an N95 mask fitting (for Alameda Health Systems), that documentation will meet this requirement.)
Note: Due to shortage of inventory, the occupational health clinics are not providing masks for the mask fit test. However, we can provide you with masks for you to take to your appointment. The mask must be picked up at our administrative building located at 9 Commercial Blvd., Suite 101, Novato, CA 94949. Please ring the doorbell on Suite 101 and ask for me. Please send Denise Minaberry an email (email@example.com AND HumanResources@marinclinic.org as to when you will be coming by to pick up your masks.
The Mask-Fit Test requirement will need to be performed at our Occupational Health Clinic, Medical Centers of Marin. For your convenience, there are two locations for Medical Center of Marin: Corte Madera and Novato. Contact information for our occupational center is listed below.
Please schedule an appointment at either location and send me an email with the date/time/location. When you pick up your masks, I will also provide you with an order form for the Mask-Fit Test, Post-Employment Physical and any other immunizations you don’t have. Your results will be sent to Human Resources.
You will not have to pay for the required Mask-Fit test or the Physical. Mask-Fit Test will need to be done every year.
Two locations for Mask-Fit Training at Occupational Health Clinic, Medical Centers of Marin:
Medical Center of Marin, 101 Casa Buena Drive, Corte Madera, CA 94925, Phone: 415-924-4525
Medical Center of Marin, 7428 Redwood Boulevard – Suite 100, Novato, CA 94945, Phone: 415-895-5216
4. POST-EMPLOYMENT PHYSICAL showing that you are fit for duty (see above)
5. BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED
Please complete the following documents and return them to Human Resources (HR@marinclinic.org):
- Disclosure of Intent
- Notice Regarding Background Checks per California Law
- Notice Regarding Background Checks per California Law
- Acknowledgement and Authorization for Background Check
A photo for your Marin Community Clinic badge (self-headshot is fine).
7. EMERGENCY CONTACTS
Please provide the information for two emergency contacts: Name, relation, phone number
Immunizations and Documentation Submit to and Date
- Please upload all immunizations and complete all documents NO LATER THAN SIX WEEKS prior to the start of your rotation.
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources (HR@marinclinic.org).
- Please note that the absence policy for Marin Community Clinics requires that students submit absence requests via Meditrek at least SIX WEEKS (42 DAYS) in advance of the desired absent date. Absence requests submitted within six weeks of the desired absence date will be denied. This is due to Marin Community Clinics’ internal patient scheduling policy.
- Students are subject to the Berkeley Optometry Absence policy.
- In order to ensure that students are attending their Marin Community Clinics externship for 90% of the operating dates, students will be reassigned to Minor Clinic when an instructor is absent and no substitute can be found.