Kaiser – Point West (Sacramento, CA)- KAISER – PW
- Current PPD – TB test within three months of start date
- Hep B recommended or signed waiver
- Covid-19 vaccine and booster
Immunizations Records Submit to and Date:
- Due SIX weeks prior to start date.
Send to: Helen Zhou, OD , Kaiser Permanente Point West – Optometry, 1650 Response Road, Sacramento, CA 94815; Tel: (916) 614-4310 or leave message at (916) 784-4185; Email: Helen.X.Zhou@kp.org
Documentation Submit to and Date
- Complete the Preceptor Application at least one month in advance and return it to Charina Mendenhall, Recruiter, email@example.com, Phone (916) 486-5196; Fax (877) 632-8504.
- Complete the User Agreement and Student and Volunteer Attestation Form at least one month in advance and return it to Charina Mendenhall, Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone (916) 486-5196; Fax (877) 632-8504. Also, send a copy to NVLY-Compliance@kp.org”>Compli
- Any leave must be requested at least 2 weeks in advance of the desired day off and be approved. Requested leave will be granted at the discretion of the Clinical program coordinator. Absences not made up will be reported to UCBSO.
- Allowed absences (not requiring make up):
- Residency interviews
- NBEO Parts I and 2: NBEO Parts I and 2: travel days are not approved for UCBSO students as these tests are offered locally.
- NBEO Part 3: Please schedule the exam on a Monday or Friday. Travel days are allowed 1 day prior to and 1 day after the date of the Part 3 examination unless the test date falls on a Monday or Friday. In which case there is no travel day allowed prior to the test if the test falls on a Monday and there is no travel day allowed after the test if the test falls on a Friday.
- If you are sick and need to call in sick, please text and email your attending for that day. Make-ups in the form of additional Saturdays will be expected.
- Any absences (personal days, illness) can be traded for a Saturday. Clinic is open Monday-Saturday, but standard student rotation days are Monday-Friday.