VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System
VA Sierra NV Health Care System
Eye Clinic physical address:
2295 Kietzke Ln
Reno, NV 89502
FAX (775) 326-5743
Eye Clinic mail correspondence through main hospital campus:
975 Kirman Avenue
Reno, NV. 89502
Marla Plecha, O.D., FAAO Marla.Plecha@va.gov
Type of Practice: VA Hospital
Our patient population is composed mainly of men between the ages of 40 to 90, although younger adults and women are seen in increasing numbers as OIF/OEF veterans are returning from active duty
Prerequisites for Student Interns
- Please see Externships Documentation and Immunization Requirements page for additional requirements.
Patient Services Provided
- Comprehensive eye care, including treatment and management of medical eye disease.
- To become more confident and secure in your role as a primary optometric eye provider in both technical skills and treatment and management of ocular conditions.
- To develop an assessment and plan for each exam before reporting to clinical faculty to discuss the case.
- Apply scholastic knowledge base to patient care- example: ocular medications and systemic side effects, systemic disease and ocular signs
- Professional conduct with patients, staff, and peers is expected.
- A willingness to work hard and learn in becoming an integral part of our Optometry team.
- To provide a safe environment for patient-based clinical education.
- To efficiently provide high-quality patient-centered optometric care for all eligible veterans.
- Pacific and NECO
- Housing is not provided by the VA; however, recommendations for housing options are available.
- The Optometry Student Program Coordinator maintains an open-door policy. If you have any concerns, please talk to the Program Coordinator immediately. If you feel uncomfortable talking with your Optometry Student Program Coordinator, you can discuss matters with the Optometry Section Chief and/or your school.