Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Point West
1650 Response Road
Sacramento, CA 95815-4807
Contact Person: Helen Zhou, O.D. Helen.X.Zhou@kp.org , (916) 614-4310 or leave message at (916) 784-4185.
Clinical Teaching Faculty: Helen Zhou, O.D. and Janis Lightman, O.D.
Type of Practice: HMO
- Age range 4 to 95. 90% older than 50 years of age.
- Approximately eight patients per day (range is five to ten patients per day).
Prerequisites for Student Interns
- HBV, MMR, PPD, Varicella and CPR certification required. Proof of TB test within 3 months of start of rotation.
- Clinic jacket and UC ID badge.
- Bring your own Diagnostic lens set (20D, 90 or 78D and gonioscopy lens). Consider bringing your own BIO.
- Please see Externships Documentation and Immunization Requirements page for additional requirements.
Patient Services Provided
- General eye exams and contact lens exams and evaluations.
- To improve the externs ability to integrate the classroom knowledge and clinical knowledge.
- To continue learning through interactions with attendings, educational materials, and patient encounters.
- To stimulate and encourage the externs to learn.
- Guide students to efficient exams without compromising quality of care.
- Bring reference materials.
Kaiser PW Policies