Front Range Eye Associates
13605 Xavier Lane
Broomfield, Colorado 80023
FAX: (303) 951-1826
Contact Person: Marisa Perez, OD, FAAO firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical Faculty Members: Mary Anne Murphy, OD* and Marisa Perez-Wilson, OD**
* UC Berkeley Optometry alum, 2002; **UC Berkeley Optometry alum 2006
Other Clinical Mentors: Shira Pipkin, OD, Tracy Aigner, OD and Carrie Burleson, OD
Type of Practice: Primary care (adult and pediatric), Contact lenses and Medical optometry in a private practice setting.
Front Range Eye Associates is a fast-paced private practice that provides full-scope optometric care to its patients. Services include adult and pediatric comprehensive exams, infant see exams, contact lens fitting (including a large volume and variety of specialty lenses), urgent care, ocular disease diagnosis and management, and cataract and refractive surgical co-management. We strive to give our patients efficient, excellent care with a personal touch.
- 6 Exam lanes fully equipped, autorefractor, autophoropters, Humphrey visual field, retinal and anterior segment camera, Optomap, Optical coherence tomographer, centrifuge (for serum tears), full optical dispensary.
- Fully integrated EMR/HER
- Large amount of specialty contact lens fittings including specialty RGP, soft lens, hybrid lenses and scleral lenses.
- Exams scheduled every 30 minutes with office visits and contact lens evaluations interjected, but no more than every 15 minutes.
- Only 1 subspecialty rotates through the office, cornea, and anterior segment. However, we do offer an observation with BV and one surgical observation day; both outside of the office.
- Average patient encounters: approximately 12-20 a day
- Students will be expected to attend monthly office meetings which occur during business hours.
- 2 Saturday half-days will be assigned as part of the rotation.
- To maximize the private practice experience, students will have exposure in all aspects of the practice: front desk, optical and pre-testing with the majority of the rotation involving clinic time.
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 8:30am-5:30pm
- Tuesday: 8:30am-7:00pm
- Friday: 7:00am-3:30pm
- Occasional Saturday: 8:00am-12:00pm
- Open some holidays including: MLK day, President’s day and Veterans day
- Perform efficient, problem-focused examinations without losing a personal connection with the patient.
- Develop appropriate diagnosis and treatment plans for a wide variety of ocular conditions.
- Become confident in performing advanced procedures such as punctal plug insertion, dilation and irrigation, foreign body removal and fitting of specialty contact lenses.
- Inter -and intra-clinical referral procedures.
- Broomfield is located approximately 20 minutes from downtown Denver and Boulder, depending on traffic. Hiking and skiing are among the many popular outdoor activities that Colorado has to offer and exist within 1-2 hours of Broomfield.
- Parking is available on site.
- Lunch can be short at times; it is advisable to bring lunch.