Byers Eye Institute – BYERS-STANFORD
- Current immunization records. Immunization must include the following:
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella or MMR: Either 2 MMR Vaccines or Positive Titer
- Varicella: Either 2 Varivax Vaccines or Positive Titer
- Flu: Flu shot must be administered recently
- TB Test: TB Test must be administered within the year of your visit
- Covid vaccination and booster – additionally, Covid testing is required once a week at Byers
- Please note that failure to provide completed proof of immunization will result in documents not being processed and cause delays. Please ensure to review your immunization records to ensure timely processing time.
- If your records are in a foreign language, please have it translated and authorized by your physician.
Immunizations Records Submit to and Date:
- Submit 60 days prior to the start of the rotation to Christopher Pratt <email@example.com> and Solange Maia Im <firstname.lastname@example.org> at email@example.com. Please type this in the subject line: UC Berkeley Externship Documents [Dates of rotation]. If you have any questions, you may call Chris or Solange at (650) 725-1397.
- Bio Demographics Form
- Visiting Observer Packet:
- Badge Clearance Form: please fill out everything except the boxed portion on the very bottom.
- Visiting Observer Attestation Agreement: only fill out the top half
- Visiting Observer Attestation and Confidentiality Agreement: fill out page 2
- The Code of Conduct: please read, initial and date on the bottom of the page. Failure to abide by The Code of Conduct will jeopardize future opportunities of visiting Stanford University.
- Confidentiality Statement: please fill out entire page
- HIPAA Training Guide: please return page 3 to me after reading pages 1-2
- TB Symptoms Review: please fill out the entire page
- Visiting Observer Packet FAQs
- Profile photo: a headshot with a clear image of your face
- Simple introduction paragraph about yourself, written in the 3rd person. This should include:
- Basic education information, academic/research interests
- Something (or many things!) interesting about yourself
- We will include this in our communications within the Department.
Documentation Submit to and Date
- Submit 60 days prior to the start of the rotation to Christopher Pratt <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Solange Maia Im <email@example.com>. Please type this in the subject line: UC Berkeley Externship Documents [Dates of rotation]. If you have any questions, you may call Chris or Solange at (650) 725-1397.
Purchase of Parking Permit
- Students will spend more than half their time at the Welch Rd location where Byers Peds does not have access to parking. Some students have parked at the mall for free and walked over but there is risk of being towed. Byers Peds will not reimburse for towing or parking charges.
- Beginning Fall 1, 2023, students must purchase their own parking pass which will be approximately $70 for the two months that they are at Byers Peds. Everyone has to pay for parking at Stanford except for two of the eye clinics as they are off campus. But, the pediatric eye clinic is on main campus on Welch Road which does not have parking.
- Students are allowed up to two days off during their rotation if needed.
- Requests for days off must be approved by the externship faculty doctor via email (Adult Byers clinic: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, and
firstname.lastname@example.org; or email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and
email@example.com for Child LPCH clinic) at least two weeks prior. Requests may be denied if multiple interns are off. If additional days are needed, please speak with the faculty doctor and we can work out clinical make-ups.
- If you are sick and need to call in sick, please inform Dr. Warner or Dr. Roberts (adult and pediatrics, respectively) and the doctor you are working at that day to notify them. Also, you must let the administration know via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and
- Make-ups in the form of case reports or mini papers will be expected.