Bascom Palmer Eye Institute (Miami, FL) – BASCOM
- Hep B (required)
- Current PPD (done within 6 months of the start of the rotation)
Immunizations Records Submit to and Date:
- Please review the Unofficial Orientation Guide to Bascom Palmer Eye Institute. For travel insurance coverage, please register all out-of-state travel at the UC Trips website to ensure coverage for each covered off-campus activity. You are covered from the time you start your travel to the rotation, through your rotation, and through your return trip
Documentation Submit to and Date
- If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Mark Dunbar at: email@example.com or (305) 326-6000 x4042.
- Clinicians are allowed five (5) personal days during their rotation at BPEI. Boards, residency interviews, presenting at a meeting do not count toward their personal time. However, additional travel days or study time to these events do count toward their personal time. We will provide interns with our leave request policy in our orientation packet and review it the first day during orientation.
- Business Leave (excused): Business or professional leave is defined as time out for 1) taking boards; 2) participation in academic meetings (for example, presenting a poster at Academy); and 3) residency interviews.
- Personal Leave (5 days total): Personal leave is defined as time out for 1) travel to and from business-related activities; 2) job interviews; 3) attending school, industry or societal workshops and seminars; 4) personal vacation.