The following is a list of recommended courses at this institution that will fulfill the minimum prerequisites for Berkeley Optometry. Advanced upper-division courses in these subjects may be substituted for any of the lower division courses listed below. Courses have to be taken for a letter grade. Courses for which AP credit was received may be counted as long as they are listed on your college transcript. Our office has updated these courses to the best of our knowledge based upon the school catalog. Please contact us if you find discrepancies with our articulation; for instance, a change in the course number and title.
- General Chemistry: CH 301, CH 302, CH 204* and CH 104M or 104N
- Organic Chemistry: CH 320M and CH 220C or CH 328M and CH 128K
- Biochemistry: CH 369 or CH 339F*
- General Biology: BIO 311C, 311D, 206L, 208L
- Calculus: M 408C or M 408K or M 408N
- General Physics: 1) PHY 302K, 102M, 302L, 102N OR 2) PHY 317K, 117M, 317L, 117N OR 3) PHY 301, 101L, 316, 116L OR 4) PHY 303K, 103M, 303L, 103N
- Reading & Composition: RHE 306 and 309K (or equivalent)
- Microbiology: BIO 326R*** (optional lab BIO 226L)
- Immunology: BIO 326M
- Anatomy: BIO 446L
- Physiology: BIO 365S and 165U
- Statistics: M 316 or BIO 328M or SDS 328M (or equivalent)
- Psychology: PSY 301
*CH 204 is a co-requisite for 320M and prerequisite for CH 320N and 220C.
**For Biochemistry majors only
***BIO 325 is a prerequisite for upper-division biology courses.