Univ. San Diego
The following is a list of recommended courses at this institution that will fulfill the minimum prerequisites for Berkeley Optometry. Advanced upper-division courses in these subjects may be substituted for any of the lower division courses listed below. Courses have to be taken for a letter grade. Courses for which AP credit was received may be counted as long as they are listed on your college transcript. Our office has updated these courses to the best of our knowledge based upon the school catalog. Please contact us if you find discrepancies with our articulation; for instance, a change in the course number and title.
- General Chemistry: Chem 151-152, 151L-152L
- Organic Chemistry: Chem 301-302, 301L-302L
- Biochemistry: Chem 331 (335L optional)
- General Biology: Biol 221, 221L, 225, 225L
- Calculus: Math 150
- General Physics: Phys 136-137, 136L-137L
- Reading & Comp: Engl 121, 122, or equivalent
- Microbiology: Biol 342
- Immunology Biol 484
- Physiology: Biol 212, 213*
- Anatomy: Biol 212, 213*
- Statistics: Math 120 or 315 (preferred)
- Psychology: Psyc 101 or equivalents
*Note: Bio 212 AND 213 must be completed to fulfill Anatomy lecture and lab and Physiology lecture and lab.