The following is a list of recommended courses at this institution that will fulfill the minimum prerequisites for Berkeley Optometry. Advanced upper-division courses in these subjects may be substituted for any of the lower division courses listed below. Courses have to be taken for a letter grade. Courses for which AP credit was received may be counted as long as they are listed on your college transcript. Our office has updated these courses to the best of our knowledge based upon the school catalog. Please contact us if you find discrepancies with our articulation; for instance, a change in the course number and title.
- General Chemistry: CHEM 1113, 1114 and 1133-1134*
- Organic Chemistry: CHEM 3311 and 3321 or CHEM 3331 and 3341
- Biochemistry: CHEM 4611 or 4700
- General Biology: EBIO 1210, 1220, 1230, 1240 or MCDB 1150, 1151, 2150, 2151
- General Physics: PHYS 1110, 1120, 1140, 2150 or PHYS 2010 and 2020
- Anatomy: IPHY 3410 and 3415
- Physiology: IPHY 3430 and 3435
- Microbiology: EBIO 3400
- Immunology: MCDB 4300
- Reading & Composition: Two semesters of any WRTG courses, EBIO 3940, IPHY 1950, or IPHY 3700
- Calculus: MATH 1300 or 1310
- Statistics: MATH 2510 or IPHY 2800
- Psychology: PSYC 1001
*CHEM 1133-1134 is prerequisite for Organic Chemistry.