UC San Diego
The following is a list of recommended courses at this institution that will fulfill the minimum prerequisites for Berkeley Optometry. Advanced upper-division courses in these subjects may be substituted for any of the lower division courses listed below. Courses have to be taken for a letter grade. Courses for which AP credit was received may be counted as long as they are listed on your college transcript. Our office has updated these courses to the best of our knowledge based upon the school catalog. Please contact us if you find discrepancies with our articulation; for instance, a change in the course number and title.
- General Chemistry: Chem 6A, 6B, 6C and 7L
- Organic Chemistry: Chem 140A and 143A
- Biochemistry: BIBC 100 or BIBC 102 or Chem 114A
- General Biology: BILD 1, 2, and 3
- Calculus: Math 10A or 20A
- General Physics: Physics 1A/1AL, 1B/1BL, 1C/1CL or Physics 2A, 2B/2BL, 2C/2CL (preferred)
- English: 3 quarters of a writing intensive course
- Microbiology: BIMM 120 or BIMM 124 (121 optional lab)
- Immunology BICD 140
- Physiology: BIPN 100 or 106, and 105 required, 102 strongly recommended
- Anatomy: UCSD does not offer Anatomy courses. Examples of recommended courses at local community colleges and accredited four-year institutions include:
- San Diego Mesa College: BIO 230 required.
- BIO 232 recommended, but not required.
- San Marcos Palomar College: ZOO 200
- San Diego State University: BIOL 212
- Statistics: Math 11
- Psychology: Psych 1 (or equivalent)