San Jose State U.
The following is a list of recommended courses at this institution that will fulfill the minimum prerequisites for Berkeley Optometry. Advanced upper-division courses in these subjects may be substituted for any of the lower division courses listed below. Courses have to be taken for a letter grade. Courses for which AP credit was received may be counted as long as they are listed on your college transcript. Our office has updated these courses to the best of our knowledge based upon the school catalog. Please contact us if you find discrepancies with our articulation; for instance, a change in the course number and title.
- General Chemistry: Chem 001A and Chem 001B
- Organic Chemistry: Chem 112A and 113A
- Biochemistry: Chem 132
- General Biology: Biol 001A and 001B
- Calculus: Math 030 or Math 060
- General Physics: Phys 002A and 002B
- English: Eng 001A, 001B or equivalent
- Microbiology: Micr 101
- Human Physiology: Biol 066
- Human Anatomy: Biol 065
- Statistics: Biol 155
- Psychology: Psyc 001
- Immunology: Biol 107