San Francisco State U.
The following is a list of recommended courses at this institution that will fulfill the minimum prerequisites for Berkeley Optometry. Advanced upper-division courses in these subjects may be substituted for any of the lower division courses listed below. Courses have to be taken for a letter grade. Courses for which AP credit was received may be counted as long as they are listed on your college transcript. Our office has updated these courses to the best of our knowledge based upon the school catalog. Please contact us if you find discrepancies with our articulation; for instance, a change in the course number and title.
- General Chemistry: Chem 115, 215, 216
- Organic Chemistry: Chem 233, 234
- Biochemistry: Chem 349
- General Biology: Biol 230, 240
- Calculus: Math 226
- General Physics: Phys 111, 112, 121, 122
- Reading & Composition: Eng 114, 214 or equivalent
- Microbiology: Biol 210
- Physiology: Biol 612, 613
- Anatomy: Biol 328
- Statistics: Math 124 or 340
- Psychology: Psy 200
- Immunology: Biol 435