San Diego State U.
The following is a list of recommended courses at this institution that will fulfill the minimum prerequisites for Berkeley Optometry. Advanced upper-division courses in these subjects may be substituted for any of the lower division courses listed below. Courses have to be taken for a letter grade. Courses for which AP credit was received may be counted as long as they are listed on your college transcript. Our office has updated these courses to the best of our knowledge based upon the school catalog. Please contact us if you find discrepancies with our articulation; for instance, a change in the course number and title.
- General Chemistry: Chem 200, 201
- Organic Chemistry: Chem 232, 232L
- Biochemistry: Chem 160 or 560
- General Biology: Biol 100,100L, 101,101L or Biol 203, 203L, 204, 204L
- Calculus: Math 124 or Math 150
- General Physics: Phys 180A, 180B, 182A, 182B
- Reading & Composition: Engl 220 and 260B or equivalent
- Microbiology: Biol 211 or 350 (preferred)
- Physiology: Biol 261
- Anatomy: Biol 212
- Statistics: Biol 215 or Stat 250
- Psychology: Psyc 101
- Immunology: Biol 485