Portland State U.
The following is a list of recommended courses at this institution that will fulfill the minimum prerequisites for Berkeley Optometry. Advanced upper-division courses in these subjects may be substituted for any of the lower division courses listed below. Courses have to be taken for a letter grade. Courses for which AP credit was received may be counted as long as they are listed on your college transcript. Our office has updated these courses to the best of our knowledge based upon the school catalog. Please contact us if you find discrepancies with our articulation; for instance, a change in the course number and title.
- General Chemistry: CHEM 221, 222, 223, 227, 228, and 229
- Organic Chemistry: CHEM 334 and 337
- Biochemistry: CHEM 350 or 490
- General Biology: BI 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, and 106
- Calculus: MTH 251 (or equivalent)
- General Physics: PH 201, 202, 203, 204L, 205L, and 206L
- Reading & Comp: WR 121, 214, 222 (or equivalent)
- Microbiology: BI 234
- Immunology: BI 487
- Physiology: BI 301, 302, 303 *
- Anatomy: BI 301, 302, 303 *
- Statistics: STAT 243 or STAT 451
- Psychology: PSY 204