As listed in the 2015-2016 course catalog
The following is a list of recommended courses at this institution that will fulfill the minimum prerequisites for Berkeley Optometry. Advanced upper-division courses in these subjects may be substituted for any of the lower division courses listed below. Courses have to be taken for a letter grade. Courses for which AP credit was received may be counted as long as they are listed on your college transcript. Our office has updated these courses to the best of our knowledge based upon the school catalog.
Please contact us if you find discrepancies with our articulation; for instance, a change in the course number and title. For more admissions information, please visit our website optometry.berkeley.edu. For specific questions, email us at: email@example.com.
- General Chemistry: CHEM 2, 10
- Organic Chemistry: CHEM 100 and 100L
- Biochemistry: CHEM 111 or BIO 101
- General Biology: BIO 1, 1L, 2, and 2L
- Calculus: MATH 11 or 21
- General Physics: PHYS 8, 9, 10 or PHYS 18,19
- Reading & Composition: WRI 1, 10 (or equivalent) or WRI 30, WRI 116 (preferred)
- Microbiology: BIO 120 (optional – 120L)
- Immunology: BIO 151
- Anatomy: BIO 164
- Physiology: BIO 161
- Statistics: BIO 175 or MATH 18 or MATH 32
- Psychology: PSY 1 (or equivalent)