Optometry Prerequisite Courses
As listed in the 2015-2016 catalog
The following is a list of recommended courses at this institution that will fulfill the minimum prerequisites for Berkeley Optometry. Advanced upper-division courses in these subjects may be substituted for any of the lower division courses listed below. Courses have to be taken for a letter grade. Courses for which AP credit was received may be counted as long as they are listed on your college transcript. Our office has updated these courses to the best of our knowledge based upon the school catalog.
Please contact us if you find discrepancies with our articulation; for instance, a change in the course number and title. For more admissions information, please visit our website optometry.berkeley.edu. For specific questions, email us at: email@example.com.
- General Chemistry with lab: Chem 1A, 1B, 1C, 1LC, 1LD or Chem 1A-B-C, M2LA-LB-LC or Chem H2A, H2B, H2C, H2LA, H2LB, H2LC
- Organic Chemistry with lab: Chem 51A and M52LA or H52LA or Chem 51B and 51LB or Chem 51C and 51LC
- General Biology: Bio Sci 93, 94, and 97
- General Physics with lab: Physics 3A, 3B, 3C, 3LB, 3LC
- Biochemistry: Bio Sci 98
- Microbiology: Bio Sci M122
- Immunology: Bio Sci M121
- *Anatomy: Bio Sci D170 (preferred) or *Bio Sci D136 or *Bio Sci E157
- Physiology with lab: Bio Sci E109 and E112L or PHRM SCI 120L
- Calculus: Math 2A (or equivalent)
- Statistics: Stats 7, or Stats 8 (preferred)
- English: WRITING 39A, 39B, 39C (or equivalent)
- Psychology: Psy Beh 9 (or equivalent)
*Bio Sci D136 and Bio Sci E157 does not have an anatomy lab, thus a lab course will need to be completed at another 4- year institution or community college in your area.