As listed in the 2015-2016 catalog
The following is a list of recommended courses at this institution that will fulfill the minimum prerequisites for Berkeley Optometry. Advanced upper-division courses in these subjects may be substituted for any of the lower division courses listed below. Courses have to be taken for a letter grade. Courses for which AP credit was received may be counted as long as they are listed on your college transcript. Our office has updated these courses to the best of our knowledge based upon the school catalog. Please contact us if you find discrepancies with our articulation (for instance, a change in the course number and title).
For more admissions information, please visit our website optometry.berkeley.edu. For specific questions, email us at: email@example.com.
- General Chemistry: CHEM 1500, 1501, 1510, 1511, 1520, and 1521
- Organic Chemistry: CHEM 2500 and 2501
- Biochemistry: CHEM 4500
- General Biology: BIOL 1610, 1611, 1620, 1621, 1630, and 1631
- Calculus: MATH 1334 (or equivalent)
- General Physics: PHYS 1050, 1060, 1070 or PHYS 1210, 1220, 1230
- Reading & Comp: ENGL 2110, 2120, 2520 (or equivalent)
- Microbiology: BIOL 2220 or 3100
- Immunology: BIOL 3150 or 4150 (Preferred)
- Physiology: BIOL 2210* or BIOL 3880
- Anatomy: BIOL 2200* or BIOL 3250
- Statistics: PSYC 3030, MATH 2310
- Psychology: PSYC 1200 (or equivalent)
*Note: BIOL 2200 + 2210 taken together satisfy the Anatomy & Physiology requirement.