Santa Clara U.
The following is a list of recommended courses at this institution that will fulfill the minimum prerequisites for Berkeley Optometry. Advanced upper-division courses in these subjects may be substituted for any of the lower division courses listed below. Courses have to be taken for a letter grade. Courses for which AP credit was received may be counted as long as they are listed on your college transcript. Our office has updated these courses to the best of our knowledge based upon the school catalog. Please contact us if you find discrepancies with our articulation; for instance, a change in the course number and title.
- General Chemistry (Lecture and Lab): CHEM 11, 12, 13
- Organic Chemistry (Lecture and Lab): CHEM 31
- Biochemistry (Lecture only, Lab preferred): CHEM 141
- General Biology (Lecture and Lab): BIO 1A, 1B, 1C
- General Physics (Lecture and Lab): PHYSICS 11, 12, 13
- Anatomy (Lecture only, Lab strongly recommended): BIO 104
- Human Physiology (Lecture and Lab): BIO 124
- Microbiology (Lecture only, Lab optional): BIO 113
- Calculus: MATH 11
- Statistics: MATH 8
- Reading & Comp: ENGL 1A, 2A, 11A or Equivalent
- Psychology: PSYC 1