San Jose State U.
The following is a list of recommended courses at this institution that will fulfill the minimum prerequisites for Berkeley Optometry. Advanced upper-division courses in these subjects may be substituted for any of the lower division courses listed below. Courses have to be taken for a letter grade. Courses for which AP credit was received may be counted as long as they are listed on your college transcript. Our office has updated these courses to the best of our knowledge based upon the school catalog. Please contact us if you find discrepancies with our articulation; for instance, a change in the course number and title.
- General Chemistry (Lecture and Lab): CHEM 001A, 001B
- Organic Chemistry (Lecture and Lab): CHEM 112A, 113A
- Biochemistry (Lecture only, Lab preferred): CHEM 132
- General Biology (Lecture and Lab): BIOL 30, 31
- General Physics (Lecture and Lab): PHYS 002A, 002B
- Anatomy (Lecture only, Lab strongly recommended): BIOL 065
- Human Physiology (Lecture and Lab): BIOL 066
- Microbiology (Lecture only, Lab optional): MICR 101
- Calculus: MATH 030
- Statistics: BIOL 155
- Reading & Comp: ENG 001A, 001B or Equivalent
- Psychology: PSYC 001