San Francisco State U.
The following is a list of recommended courses at this institution that will fulfill the minimum prerequisites for Berkeley Optometry. Advanced upper-division courses in these subjects may be substituted for any of the lower division courses listed below. Courses have to be taken for a letter grade. Courses for which AP credit was received may be counted as long as they are listed on your college transcript. Our office has updated these courses to the best of our knowledge based upon the school catalog. Please contact us if you find discrepancies with our articulation; for instance, a change in the course number and title.
- General Chemistry (Lecture and Lab): CHEM 115, 215, 216
- Organic Chemistry (Lecture and Lab): CHEM 233, 234
- Biochemistry (Lecture only, Lab preferred): CHEM 349
- General Biology (Lecture and Lab): BIOL 230, 240
- General Physics (Lecture and Lab): PHYS 111, 112, 121, 122
- Anatomy (Lecture only, Lab strongly recommended): BIOL 328 or BIOL 220
- Human Physiology (Lecture and Lab): BIOL 212, 213
- Microbiology (Lecture only, Lab optional): BIOL 210
- Calculus: MATH 226
- Statistics: MATH 124
- Reading & Comp: ENG 114, 214 or Equivalent
- Psychology: PSY 200