San Diego State U.
The following is a list of recommended courses at this institution that will fulfill the minimum prerequisites for Berkeley Optometry. Advanced upper-division courses in these subjects may be substituted for any of the lower division courses listed below. Courses have to be taken for a letter grade. Courses for which AP credit was received may be counted as long as they are listed on your college transcript. Our office has updated these courses to the best of our knowledge based upon the school catalog. Please contact us if you find discrepancies with our articulation; for instance, a change in the course number and title.
- General Chemistry (Lecture and Lab): CHEM 200, 201
- Organic Chemistry (Lecture and Lab): CHEM 232, 232L
- Biochemistry (Lecture only, Lab preferred): CHEM 160 or CHEM 560
- General Biology (Lecture and Lab): BIOL 100, 100L, 101, 101L or BIOL 203, 203L, 204, 204L
- General Physics (Lecture and Lab): PHYS 180A, 182A, 180B, 182B
- Anatomy (Lecture only, Lab strongly recommended): BIOL 212
- Human Physiology (Lecture and Lab): BIOL 261
- Microbiology (Lecture only, Lab optional): BIOL 211 or BIOL 350 (preferred)
- Calculus: MATH 124 or MATH 150
- Statistics: BIOL 215 or STAT 250
- Reading & Comp: ENGL 220, 260B or Equivalent
- Psychology: PSYC 101