Loyola Marymount U.
The following is a list of recommended courses at this institution that will fulfill the minimum prerequisites for Berkeley Optometry. Advanced upper-division courses in these subjects may be substituted for any of the lower division courses listed below. Courses have to be taken for a letter grade. Courses for which AP credit was received may be counted as long as they are listed on your college transcript. Our office has updated these courses to the best of our knowledge based upon the school catalog. Please contact us if you find discrepancies with our articulation; for instance, a change in the course number and title.
- General Chemistry (Lecture and Lab): CHEM 110, 111, 112, 113
- Organic Chemistry (Lecture and Lab): CHEM 220, 221
- Biochemistry (Lecture only, Lab preferred): CHEM 370
- General Biology (Lecture and Lab): BIOL 101, 111, 102, 112
- General Physics (Lecture and Lab): PHYS 253, 254
- Anatomy (Lecture only, Lab strongly recommended): BIOL 335
- Human Physiology (Lecture and Lab): BIOL 351, 352
- Microbiology (Lecture only, Lab optional): BIOL 361
- Calculus: MATH 122 or MATH 131
- Statistics: MATH 104
- Reading & Comp: ENGL 1100, 2206 or Equivalent
- Psychology: PSYC 1000 or equivalent