Arizona State U.
The following is a list of recommended courses at this institution that will fulfill the minimum prerequisites for Berkeley Optometry. Advanced upper-division courses in these subjects may be substituted for any of the lower division courses listed below. Courses have to be taken for a letter grade. Courses for which AP credit was received may be counted as long as they are listed on your college transcript. Our office has updated these courses to the best of our knowledge based upon the school catalog. Please contact us if you find discrepancies with our articulation; for instance, a change in the course number and title.
- General Chemistry (Lecture and Lab): CHM 113, 116 or CHM 117, 111, 118, 112
- Organic Chemistry (Lecture and Lab): CHM 233, 237
- Biochemistry (Lecture only, Lab preferred): BCH 361
- General Biology (Lecture and Lab): BIO 181, 182
- General Physics (Lecture and Lab): PHY 111, 113, 112, 114
- Anatomy (Lecture only, Lab strongly recommended): BIO 201*, 202*
- Human Physiology (Lecture and Lab): BIO 201*, 202*
- Microbiology (Lecture only, Lab optional): MIC 220
- Calculus: MAT 251 or 270
- Statistics: STP 226 or STP 231
- Reading and Comp: ENG 101, 102 or Equivalent
- Psychology: PSY 101
*BIO 201 and BIO 202 must both be completed in order to fulfill the Anatomy and Physiology requirements