California Optometric Association (COA)
The COA is dedicated to making optometry a stronger, more cohesive, and visible profession. Thanks to the efforts of the COA, California Optometrists are able to:
- dilate patients’ eyes
- treat allergic, bacterial, or viral conjunctivitis (red eyes)
- prescribe analgesics for patients
- treat glaucoma
- get paid by most major medical insurances
- provide certain vaccinations
Optometry is ranked one of the top ten best career choices in the country. However, we must organize on all fronts to ensure that we have the opportunity to practice our profession to the fullest extent.
- Student registration discounts at COA educational conferences
- Access to Members Only at COA Online (resources about CA legislation, careers, events)
- Invaluable networking opportunities via monthly local society meetings & mentoring events
- COA student vote at COA House of Delegates
○ Membership is complimentary to all students, but not automatic.
Contact person: Tyler Spilman (firstname.lastname@example.org)