American Academy of Optometry
The Berkeley Optometry student chapter of the American Academy of Optometry (SAAO) encourages optometrists-in-training to maintain and enhance excellence in optometric practice through programs that disseminate knowledge in both the basic and applied vision sciences.
The student chapter supports the goals of the AAO by:
- Encouraging interest in the AAO among students.
- Encouraging attendance to the AAO meetings.
- Sponsoring programs that disseminate knowledge in both the basic and applied vision sciences to optometry students, residents and vision science students.
- Promoting the availability of grants and scholarships available through the AAO and the California Chapter of the AAO.
Benefits of Membership
- Access to SAAO meetings that are tailored toward enhancing the development of Berkeley Optometry students.
- Subscriptions and online access to publications by the Academy: Optometry and Vision Science, and the AAO Newsletter.
- Reduced registration fees to the national AAO annual meeting. This includes the best in optometric education (by nationally recognized optometrists), the latest in scientific research related to optometry, and luncheons and receptions specific to the optometry student.
The Student Fellowship program is a great opportunity for students to engage in cutting edge knowledge and technology through lectures, workshops, posters and much more! The program is geared to guide students to develop their skills as an optometric or vision science professional.Learn More
Intro to Clinic Cases
Ocular Treasure Hunt
Dr. Vikki Yu
Class 2017 Rep
Class 2018 Rep
Class 2019 Rep
Class 2020 Rep