Furlong Vision Correction, a clinic specializing in LASIK and refractive cataract surgery, is currently hiring a long-term part-time Optometrist to work with one of the most respected and accomplished eye surgeons in Northern California. The qualified candidate is committed to providing the best possible medical care and patient experience while working alongside a very professional medical team. We are a busy practice, try to keep the work environment fun, and we provide extensive training and support in specifics of our clinic. We are recruiting for 26-28 hrs/week position which includes Saturday mornings. Our practice utilizes NextGen EHR for refractive and medical patients. This is a perfect opportunity for the right candidate who is looking for a long term position that could potentially transition from part time to full time.
Professional Objective: To provide the highest quality patient care and customer service in a refractive and cataract surgical practice
Reports to: Medical Director, Executive Director
Classification: Part Time, Hourly (Non Exempt)
Work Schedule: Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays, 8:00AM – 5:00PM. Saturdays 2-4 hours.
• Provide pre-operative and post-operative care for refractive and cataract patients
• Support surgeons with pre-operative exams, Laser Vision Correction candidate assessments and surgical calculations. Oversee surgical outcome data collection and analysis.
• Review post-op reports and emails from co-managing doctors and correspond to any questions from our OD community.
• Maintain professional relationships with our co-managing Optometrists to enhance patient care and transfer of care.
• Assist surgeons and management as needed with affiliate OD training and outreach events and programs.
• Work independently and help surgeon problem solve any issue we encounter in clinic.
• License to practice Optometry in California
• 2 years experience practicing optometry in a clinical environment preferred
• Experience with refractive and cataract surgery pre and post operative care highly desired.
• Proficient in ophthalmology coding, diagnosis (ICD10) and procedures (CPT4).
• Excellent communication skills
• Efficient clinic time management- average daily schedule of 20- 30 patients
• Works well in a team environment
• Strong personal initiative and high energy
• Experience co-managing refractive patients with affiliated Optometrists a plus.
• Experience with Electronic Health Records systems strongly desired, NextGen experience preferred.
• Fluency in a second language a plus (Spanish, Mandarin, Vietnamese) highly desired
MOTOR, SENSORY, AND PHYSICIAL REQUIREMENTS
• Regular standing, sitting, and movement from room to room to conduct examinations.
• Repetitive arm motions and regular lifting of arms to manipulation examination instruments and equipment.
• Periodic assistance moving equipment or patients to better position patients for examination.