Apply at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=4fd05b76-19b5-473f-824b-a4416e4e6c8a&ccId=1251876734_2751&jobId=464195&lang=en_US&source=EN
The Optometrist provides professional vision care to NEMS patients and assures quality control in the provision of vision care services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provides professional vision care and a full scope of optometric service to NEMS’ patients.
• Participates in the team approach to the provision of comprehensive health
care to families and individuals enrolled with NEMS.
• Provides guidance to other health team members in the development of visual
health education materials and programs for registrants and the community at
• Works cooperatively with other professionals and non-medical personnel in
referring patients to appropriate services.
• Trains and supervises the Optometric Assistant and other support staff in the
• Use computer to enter patient’s procedure codes and diagnosis.
• Direct supervision of a department involving responsibility for results in terms
of costs, methods and personnel. Responsible for carrying out
supervisory/managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and hiring of
employees; planning, assigning, scheduling, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints
and resolving problems.
• Reading retinal scans and completing report.
• Performs other job duties as required by manager/supervisor.
• Graduation from an accredited school or college of optometry.
• Must have valid license to practice Optometry in the State of California.
• Current documentation of Basic Life Support is required.
• Must be able to fluently speak, read and write English.
• Fluent Chinese speaker (Cantonese and Mandarin) required.
• Fluent in other languages are an asset.
This is an FLSA exempt position.
This is an OSHA high-risk position.
Salary: Starting at $136k/Year
NEMS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming diversity in our workforce. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NEMS BENEFITS: Competitive benefits, including free medical, dental and vision insurance for employee, spouse and/or children; and company contribution to 401(k).