SUMMARY OF POSITION: Andover Eye Associates is seeking a talented, energetic, and highly engaged Optometrist. This position will take a leading role in patient care and collaborate closely with ophthalmologists at the practice. Our Optometrist will be engaged in clinical practice 80% of the time and spend 20% of their time focusing their effort on clinical research!
• Perform comprehensive routine exams and refractions which may include contact lens fitting.
• Perform diabetic exams and managing emergency exams as needed.
• Co-manage care with ophthalmologists as needed (retina, glaucoma and ocular plastic specialists).
• Aid in the recruitment, enrollment and retention of subjects.
• Be part of the clinical research team within the Ora, Inc. clinical research network.
• Other medical management as needed.
• Doctor of Optometry (OD) from an accredited optometry school
• Valid Massachusetts optometry license
• An interest in ophthalmic clinical research
ADDITIONAL SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES:
• Prior experience in either pediatric exam or low vision exam as well as ability to speak Spanish is helpful
• Ability to thrive in a high-volume practice