- $7,749,153 in direct cost funding for research. The most among all optometry schools.
- Professor Teresa Puthussery selected to be part of a new project funded through the prestigious National Eye Institute’s Audacious Goals Initiative.
- 148 papers published in peer-reviewed journals.
- $50 million committed by The Herbert and Nicole Family Foundation.
- Alumni giving surpassed $1 million for the first time in the school’s history!
- $630,026 raised during Big Give, via 493 donors — 166 of which were students, staff or faculty.
- 250 Doctor of Optometry, 34 Doctor of Vision Science, and 20 Residents enrolled for the 2021-22 academic year.
- The class of 2021 had an impressive 96.9% pass rate on the national board exams for optometry (NBEO).
- 322 completed applications for the OD program, a 71% increase over the 2020 cycle.
- Dr. Ruth Shoge appointed as DEIB director.
- Launched the OD student Mentoring Program, with over 30 faculty members serving as mentors.
- Grand Prize for the ASCO Cultural Competence Competition awarded to Dr. Quand Dao.
- 59,020 patient visits.
- 22,000 patient visits at our local community health center.
- Zero clinic-related COVID infections.
Online Continuing Education
- 41 CE lectures offered for a total of 59 CE hours.
- 3,190 overall registrations.
- 98% of surveyed participants said the CE lectures were comprehensive and well organized.